BOISDALE DIGITAL / SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER: RECRUITING NOW
PURPOSE OF JOB:
A very exciting opportunity for a motivated social media manager to take ownership of the highly successful Boisdale brand across all digital assets.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Marketing Director
JOB DESCRIPTION OF COMPETENCIES & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
RENUMERATION: Dependent upon experience
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB PLEASE EMAIL:
BOISDALE DIGITAL / SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER:
• Autonomy to create the digital & social media strategy of Boisdale - develop existing platforms and work with senior management to grow Boisdale audience.
• Build and manage the company’s social media profiles including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, LinkedIn – plus any additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
• Defining our voice in social media, managing our presence across sites in multiple markets, build and manage external networks and grow the level of interest in our brand with key audiences.
• Candidate must be self-motivated, creative, hard-working and enjoy the challenge of working with our Marketing, PR, SEO, Restaurant and Senior Management teams, to build the Boisdale brand online.
• We are looking for a candidate who is proficient in using social media software and has a proven track record in digital media capacity either agency or client side
• Candidate must be comfortable using all content management systems, social listening tools and influencer platforms
• Planning and developing a successful social strategy for Boisdale restaurants, events and media
• Effectively integrate social activity into Boisdale’s current communication plans
• This includes competent use of paid media tools, the candidate will contribute to the planning and strategy development for paid campaigns on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
• Maximise use of paid advertising options to boost Boisdale community growth
• Excellent understanding of measuring the impact of paid and social media - tracking KPIs and deriving insight. Strong background in customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies.
• Excellent knowledge of the latest best practices and ad products from Google, Facebook, and other media partners.
• Good understanding of broader online and offline marketing mix and marketing attribution.
• Essential creativity - creatively planning social campaigns using Boisdale assets
• Content type: understand how to plan a mix of copy, image, video and other multimedia content
• Benchmark performance with key competitors and industry best practice
• Listening and reacting to segmented groups of customers, prospects, influencers and competitors.
• Work with Content Providers (agencies and freelancers) to produce and source content for use across multiple channels and in a number of formats, including video, graphic and written content.
• Focus time across social platforms that best fit your business objectives
• understand how to build a working content plan to boost efficiency and drive results
• Post frequency: derive best practice for planning the number of posts per day
• Post scheduling: derive priority times to post to maximise engagement
• Engage with the community and manage negative comments
• Organically growing a targeted community across all platforms
• Manage film footage during music performances / Boisdale events - to be edited and uploaded on all relevant social media websites
ABOUT THE BOISDALE GROUP
• The business comprises of four well established restaurants in Belgravia, Mayfair, The City and Canary Wharf. Boisdale also includes a successful publishing company (http://www.boisdalelife.com) Plus a significant events business specialising in Live Music, Cigars, Whisky and Fine Wine. We create a significant amount of content through our events and publishing business, for example Charlie Sheen and Kelsey Grammer visited recently (www.youtube.com/user/boisdaleuk). Our business is regularly profiled in traditional print media, from diary stories to major features and we are looking for a candidate who can amplify this dialogue with our existing audience and derive a new customer base through social media.
• To support the Marketing Director in delivering publicity and general marketing campaigns, raising the profile of Boisdale across a wide range of specialist and general media and with the production on-line marketing communications. Assist with Boisdale promotional activities, events, awards evenings, etc.
• To work flexibly and carry out additional roles within Boisdale as may be agreed from time to time.
• To be fully aware, competent in and follow at all times:
- Fire procedures
- Security procedures
- Health & Safety policy and procedures
- Facilities and opportunities to promote these to customers
• To carry out all reasonable instructions and requests from the Directors of Boisdale.
Boisdale is an iconic restaurant group that has been running for over 25 years and now has 3 sites across London – The City, Belgravia and Canary Wharf. Our restaurants incorporate live jazz, private dining and a large selection of wine, whiskies and cigars. Our chefs select the finest ingredients from Scotland and England to produce the signature dishes the restaurants are known for. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic staff to join our growing team.
WORKING FOR BOISDALE
Boisdale is looking for confident, friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic individuals. Experience in high volume, quality fine-dining is essential, as well as good communication skills and the ability to work as a team, building rapport with staff and guests alike. We enjoy working with passionate individuals, who demonstrate an ambition to exceed customer’s expectations through their enthusiasm for high quality food and service. Each Boisdale restaurant maintains its own personality and atmosphere, but the ethos of the group remains the same – the experience of serving fantastic food in a relaxed and comfortable environment.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BOISDALE
Boisdale offers excellent support for its staff, as well as good salaries and benefits. These include breakfast, lunch or dinner on shift, a Cycle to work Scheme, Discount Retail cards, a Childcare voucher scheme and discounted dining at all Boisdale Restaurants. All Boisdale staff have the opportunity for promotion within the business. Staff who excel within their job role are supported and nurtured in their careers and many of our long-serving team have gone on to Management roles, either with Boisdale or other leading restaurant groups. Promotions can commence after completion of a successful 3 month probation period.
Boisdale also offers you a great opportunity to further your career in the hospitality industry with exclusive training opportunities. As part of our training programme we offer staff the opportunity to attend Ambassador dinners, to learn more about our products, food matching, cheese, wine and Whisky. Opportunities to visit distilleries in Scotland, vineyards in France and Italy are also part of our training programme. Boisdale offers all candidates the opportunity of working in a dynamic and supportive environment and the chance to enhance your own experience in a high-end London Restaurant.
If you would like to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!
For Front of House Roles please send your CV to: Katie@boisdale.co.uk
For Back of House Roles please send your CV to: Andy@boisdale.co.uk
We endeavour to respond to all applications, but are limited by the high volume of calls we receive.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK, with valid UK work permits / visas will be considered.